Search my heart oh Lord...

8.24.2011

Last days of beach vacations....

So my inspiration for today's post comes from thinking/worrying about North Carolina's Outer Banks.  I do pray that the hurricane will bypass this beautiful, natural land. 
I believe that the place that makes me most happy, the place I want to retire, and the place I want to take my last breath, would have to be the Outer Banks of North Carolina {particularly, Rodanthe}. 

I absolutely love the feeling of walking into an open, airy, beach house with large windows and huge porches. There's just something about the way it smells, the way you can still feel a little bit of grit on the floor from the sand no matter how much you mop, sweep, and vacuum, and the relaxing place my mind goes when I pull into the driveway.

I found this gorgeous bathroom image that brought back a little bit of that sensation.

Photo found here.

What catches your eye first?  For me, it 's the fluffy blue rug below the sink.  I just want to stand on it and stare out that window, that I know is to the left, at the beautiful ocean view.  Also, I love the faucets and the two symmetrical mirrors. This bathroom has such a relaxing, fresh feeling to it, that would be perfect on the coast or at your house! Also, I love, love, love antiques...and that vintage blue lantern on the top shelf is just screaming at me!


Photo found here.
This beach front bedroom is a little modern...compared to the bath above...but when I saw I fell in love with those LARGE windows...and the beautiful sheer canopy! What a wonderful place to wake up in the morning :) And I love the ceiling!

Farewell Readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment