Search my heart oh Lord...

8.17.2011

My Favorite things...Today.

So, does anyone ever watch Kathie Lee and Hoda on the Today Show?  If you do, then you know what I'm talking about. There is a segment of the show that is called "KLG and Hoda's Favorite Things." This is the part of the show where they can discuss the new products, fashions, etc. that they love.  Sometimes it may be face cream, other days it may be a candy bar.  So today, I want to simply show and tell you about a couple of things I ran across that are my favorite things...today!

#1. First of all, I have a wonderful friend who has an interesting sense of humor, along with some interesting obsessions.  One being the band, Queen, the other being our former presidents, specifically Thomas Jefferson. But anyway, I had the pleasure of having lunch with her the other day and her outfit made me giggle...so I just had to share it.





#2.  While browsing through the lovely Currey & Co. catalog the other day, I found this lovely lamp. It jumped out at me, maybe because I'm in love with the coast, specifically the Outer Banks, and it had wonderful texture.
Picture found here.
Now I realize that this lamp is not for everyone, and can not be used in many applications. But, I do believe that it is a magnificent use of clam shells. I love, love, love the texture it creates and the plump shape of it.  Just imagine these lamps on either side of a plush off-white colored sofa, sitting in a living area surrounded by huge floor to ceiling windows, staring out at the endless ocean as the waves crash against the shore. What do you think? Do you like it? As a little side note, I do believe I'd like it a little better with a drum shade.

Thanks for reading.
Hannah MaeLou

No comments:

Post a Comment